A Flash Briefing skill is the Channel Name for your (text and audio) content that publishes onto Amazon Alexa.
To create a Flash Briefing, follow the steps below
Step 1: Click on Flash Briefing option as shown in the image
Step 2: Enter the details in the provided fields,
1. Enter the Skill name (This is usually your Company Name) it can be the name of the Channel.
2. Select the default language using the drop down
3. Select how often the feed will be updated (recommend Daily or Weekly)
4. Select a Genre which suits the Skill from the drop down
5. Select the Category which suits the Skill from the drop down
6. Enter the Keywords in the box provided, You can enter a maximum of 30 keywords related to your briefing.
Think of what your listeners will be searching in Amazon Alexa store and avoid repeating the same keywords.
Click image to enlarge
Step 3: Add the information regarding the Flash Briefing in this section,
1. Skill Image - Choose an image from the computer for the Skill.
The image should be of PNG. format and the minimum resolution is 108 x 108 pixels
This Skill image will be displayed in the Amazon Alexa store.
2. Feed Image - Choose an image from the computer for the Feed.
The image should be of PNG. format and the minimum resolution is 512 x 512 pixels
This Feed image will be displayed for the viewers.
3. To play the Skill name before playing the Skill, select one of the options.
For example... if your company name is 'Joe's Diner'... Alexa will announce "From Joe's Diner" or "In Joe's Diner"
4. If skill is targeted to the children under the age 13, then select yes or else select no.
5. If the skill has the advertising contents, then select Yes or else select No.
(If you want to promote a product or a purchase... choose Yes)
7. Enter the Terms and Conditions URL in this text area
8. Enter a short description about the skill in the text area , this description will be displayed in the Amazon Alexa store.
9. Enter a detailed description in this box.
10. Enter the default error message to be displayed to the viewers when the Skill is not available.
(If a listener asks the wrong question or if your message is not available.. Alexa announces this error message)
Click image to enlarge
Click on Save Skill button to add Feed content.